Fair Warning

If you are offended by non-politically correct opinions, you may stop reading this blog.

This is an opinion blog. If stats are stated, it is with every effort that sources will be cited.

Dec 16, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Yes, I said "Merry Christmas!"  Not "Happy Holidays."

It really irritates me that all of these retail stores insist upon saying "Happy Holidays."  These companies reap the benefits of selling items for Christmas, but refuse to acknowledge the holiday itself.  It starts in October, and if you count the post-Christmas sales, it goes into January.  For a quarter of the year, they profit from our sacred holiday.  Because of that, they should be saying "Merry Christmas!"

Every day, I wear a cross necklace.  If I were Jewish, Hindu or any other faith-based religion, I would not be wearing a cross.   Obviously, saying "Merry Christmas" is not going to offend me.  While I celebrate the greatest gift of all; God's sacrificial Lamb, His Son, by giving gifts to the ones that I love, don't offend me with this "Happy Holidays" crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment